FIT Bodywrap® produces far infrared heat, which is light we can’t see, but can feel as heat. All warm-blooded animals, including humans, generate this type of heat naturally to warm themselves, and more than half of the sun’s heat is infrared as well. Infrared heat warms us without warming the air around us and penetrates our bodies, rather than only heating the skin. The FIT Bodywrap generates infrared heat in the 5-15 micron wavelength, the same wavelength as the sun and our bodies produce, so it is safe and natural. Infrared as used in the FIT Bodywrap is known to help produce a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
One of the most popular benefits of infrared heat therapy is weight loss. Extensive clinical research has documented a wide range of benefits supporting weight loss using immersive far infrared therapy as delivered by the FIT Bodywrap System.
- Sweating consumes calories and a FIT Bodywrap session can induce 3-5 times more sweat than exercise alone.
- Infrared can re-balance metabolism directly speeding up the rate calories are burned even after a session.
- As organic acids are purged your fasting insulin levels may drop toward normal, this can assist with stopping your body from being pushed to store carbs as fat.
According to FIT Bodywrap’s Clinical Director, Dr. Flickstein, “Cellulite is simply fat beneath the skin that tends to have a bumpy appearance because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.” Infrared as delivered in the FIT Bodywrap helps fight cellulite in the following ways:
- Fat becomes water-soluble at a body temperature of approximately 100.5 degrees F and can “melt” by breaking up into smaller particles, which can then be purged from the body through infrared induced sweating. (Yamazaki)
- Through Dr. Flickstein’s studies on infrared, he has discovered infrared can help the appearance of cellulite do its ability to help rebuild collagen connective tissue. Stronger collagen can help rearrange the fat deposits away from each other and the skin’s surface, and help prevent further accumulation of cellulite.
Many people have used a heating pad to soothe body pain and heat has been well documented in the management of pain relief. The FIT Bodywrap’s penetrating infrared heat can result in immediate therapeutic benefit through increased blood flow and tissue oxygenation.
- Clinical research has established that an infrared treatment such as a FIT Bodywrap session can increase blood flow from 5-7 quarts/minute to as much as 13 quarts/minute. Therefore during a session there can be a substantial amount of nutrient and oxygen rich blood flowing which can help heal the body and relieve pain.
- Infrared is also known to act directly on irritated nerve endings. A 2008 study found that chronic pain patients experienced nearly a 70% reduction in pain levels after the first infrared therapy session.
Countless clients have reported that FIT Bodywrap sessions lead to a sense of profound relaxation.
- The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75 to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related problems. Therefore taking the time to relax in the soothing infrared rays can help promote overall health and wellness.
- Scientific evidence also shows that immersive infrared thermotherapy as from the FIT Bodywrap helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol which is known to raise the heart rate and blood pressure.
Studies reviewed by Dr. Flickstein have shown that sweat produced during infrared sessions can contain as much as 20% fats and toxins. This in comparison to 3-5% lost during a traditional sauna or workout!
- A full body infrared immersion is one of the best ways to rid your body of the toxins it absorbs each day.
- The process of sweating can help the body release pollutants, but infrared sweat is different. It can contain toxins that are a bit harder to release, like alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, ammonia and heavy metals.
- When an overload of toxins builds up in our system we may experience recurrent sickness, aches, pains, signs of allergy, mood swings and more.